Application deadline: There is no fixed application deadline for this position, applications will close once The iLUKA Collective have completed events team hiring in preparation for Paris 2024. Applications will be assessed upon submission. Good luck!
Expected start date: Several start dates in 2023 are available for this position and can be discussed upon interview.
The iLUKA Collective is a specialised agency, developing and delivering coordinated strategic activations for sponsors and other stakeholders at global events.
We are experts in executing cutting edge event hospitality experiences born from intelligent strategic direction. Our heritage is big events for big companies looking for strategic and measured solutions which focus on creating the unforgettable experiences for stakeholders that are integral to sponsors success.
Our experience working with Sponsors, Organising Committees, International Sporting Federations, Governing Bodies and Host City stakeholders enables us to develop our client's sponsorship story to ensure that activations maximise the communication of their messages as well as guide global teams and their local markets through the unique complexities of delivering effectively at global events.
At The iLUKA Collective, we take people seriously, hospitality is about people, it is people that drive the difference. Our project teams create extraordinary hospitality programmes for our guests and our team lift that experience to truly create a once in a lifetime experience. The iLUKA Collective is renowned for the teams we build, we hire great people in order to deliver great events, we expect our teams to be professional, dedicated and full of energy. If that is you and you are interested in working at the world’s premier global sporting events, we are always keen to meet people who share the same passions as us.
We have opportunities for those who speak French and hold the right to work in France.
To assist the project management team in the planning, preparation and management of the assigned hospitality programme.
- Support the programme manager in all assigned tasks
- Assist and manage the planning of the programme, strategies and budgets
- Provide interpretation and translation services as required
- Research venues, suppliers or other as requested
- Co-ordinate, and manage relationships with suppliers, local & Olympic authorities
- Assist with all administrative requirements
- Assist in preparation of any documents/presentations required by the client or management team
- Act as main contact between ILUKA and client in absence of the programme manager
- Management of client, OCOG and supplier relationship
- Assist client as required on invitation processes
- Manage initial guest information collection and reporting if required
- Assist on development of all other guest communications – pre departure information, welcome packs, newsletters, departure letters, post event communication
- Manage the Accreditation process
- Be proactive in developing effective communication systems for the on-site team
- Assist in the development of training manuals and on-site reference material
- Assist in the production of all printed materials as required on site
- Prepare contact lists for team and suppliers
- Advance restaurants or venues as required
- Provide on-site management support including deputising for programme manager when absent
- Provide support and guidance to onsite team
- Manage on site petty cash
- Ensure compliance with petty cash accounting and reporting procedures
- Reconcile all invoices from suppliers and issue purchase orders
- Monitor all on site petty cash expenditure and set up system for authorisation of expenditure
- Manage post event reconciliation process
This is not an exhaustive list and all team members will be expected to contribute to any other aspects of the business, as necessary.